Parents gain skills and confidence which can enable them to create
positive family patterns during their children’s crucial early years.
Children benefit from enjoyable, healthy early experiences
with language and communication.
- Each group of parents with their children (between the ages of birth to 6 years) meet once per week for one hour for ten weeks.
- The atmosphere is relaxed.
- The teaching is directed at the adults with the children joining in, playing or napping.
- Activity focuses on interactive rhymes, stories and songs, all presented orally.
- Storytelling is an integral part of the program with the stories being chosen and told for the enjoyment of the adults.
- The pace is slow and relaxed with plenty of time for repetition of material and causal discussion of issues and questions that arise.
- The atmosphere is accepting and supportive, with the intention of building the confidence of all participants and creating a feeling of community and mutual support within the group.
- Childcare is provided for children who wander out of the circle.
Please click on the picture below for more details about the Parent Child Mother Goose programs in these communities: