Books for Babies is a 1 hour program once a week for 6 weeks that promotes the enjoyment and importance of sharing books with babies up to 1 year of age. The program introduces parents to the various ways they can support their child’s early literacy and language experiences. It is not about teaching babies to read!
Participating in the program will give babies the opportunity to experience different types of sensory stimulation which aids in the development in different areas of the brain.
Benefits of the program are to:
- Build healthy family relationships through the modeling of positive parenting
- Promote the use of public libraries and other community services
- Show the value of reading within the family
- Help show how to bond with your baby
- Guide parents in making age-appropriate book choices
- Help parents recognize the different stages of book handling behaviours
Contact us at (780) 578 – 3330 to register for this program.